Do you want to contribute to an organization dedicated to improving societal health? Would you like to collaborate with colleagues who are passionate about making a difference? Are you excited to work in a new state-of-the-art building designed to encourage movement, participation, and employee health?
Then you want to work for the American Physical Therapy Association!
APTA is the trusted leader for the physical therapy profession, representing 100,000 physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and physical therapy students. Our team supports the association's mission to build a community that advances the profession of physical therapy to improve the health of society.
This position is key to maintaining sound finances and financial practices. Primary duties are accounts receivables and serves as contact for several high impact revenue streams: membership dues, accreditation fees, advertising revenue, etc. Provides support for implementation of activities in the Finance department. Assists department colleagues with carrying out efforts to meet objectives on organizational priorities with a focus on departmental contributions to all departments and units of the Association. Supports operational needs for appointed and member volunteer groups and APTA leadership. Supports preparation of compliance requirements and documents. Seeks out and supports opportunities for continuous quality improvement in department activities. Effective champion of the Association vision, mission, and brand.
- Provides professional support for the implementation of work plans related to respective activities of the Finance department which align with organizational priorities and the other Association’s various departments and units.
- Prepares required departmental compliance forms as required including, when applicable and appropriate, entering accurate information for timely submission of all required forms.
- Provides support of the department operations, including opportunities to advance and gain efficiencies.
- Supports the Business Affairs team in the implementation of the Association’s programs, priorities, and projects in partnership with department director and staff colleagues.
- Prepares, in consultation with the Director, department level data which supports and aligns with the APTA data strategy.
- Upholds and fosters team values.
- Complies with all APTA policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned to foster achievement of association priorities.
- 2-3 years of accounting experience or relevant undergraduate degree.
- High aptitude with numbers/accounting.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Must be highly organized; strong organizational skills – must be able to meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Highly motivated; ability to work independently as well as with teams.
- Takes initiative, sets priorities, and sees projects through completion
APTA's outstanding benefits include generous annual vacation and sick leave, federal paid holidays, retirement contributions, and commuting subsidies for employees who choose public transit and active transportation.
APTA's headquarters are located across the street from the new Potomac Yard Metrorail station set to open in October 2022, with immediate access to the DMV's bike trail system. Opened in 2021, APTA Centennial Center's amenities include a fitness center, bike share, and health and wellness classes—all free to APTA employees. A WiFi-connected rooftop terrace offers views of the Potomac River and Washington, D.C. skyline, offering a great alternate work location or place to take a break.
Most staff positions are eligible for APTA's flexible work arrangement schedule. New hires must be employed three full consecutive months before being eligible to apply for a flexible work arrangement.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Principals only: no agencies; no phone calls, please. Candidates selected to participate in an interview will be contacted by Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The American Physical Therapy Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
APTA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit e-verify.uscis.gov.
APTA is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and invites and welcomes applicants with diversity of experience, mindset, and skills to add value to APTA and our staff community.
Position is located in Alexandria, VA.