The Specialist, Career Advancement programming, is a member of the Scientific Affairs team that implements efforts to support organizational priorities and activities within the Career Advancement department.
This position supports unit efforts with a focus on departmental contributions to the scientific strategy for the Association. They will participate and support efforts for appointed and member volunteer groups and APTA leadership. This position supports preparation of compliance requirements and documents and seeks out opportunities for continuous quality improvement in department activities. They are an effective champion of the Association vision, mission and brand.
This position implements the strategies on Association priorities in the Career Advancement area.
- Implements work plans related to respective activities of the Career Advancement department which align with organizational priorities and the Association’s scientific strategy.
- Prepares and completes required departmental compliance forms, CEU applications, including ensuring required information is accurate for timely submission of all required forms.
- Contributes to and implements recommendations on advancing operations within the department to gain efficiencies, and grow revenue, if applicable.
- Contributes to quality assurance and continuous quality/performance improvement in department activities, including supporting department director, and unit leader in annual assessments of respective budget activities described above.
- Supports the Scientific Affairs team in the implementation of the Association’s programs, priorities, and projects in partnership with department director and staff colleagues.
- Prepares in consultation with the Director, department level data which supports and aligns with the APTA data strategy .
Bachelor's degree required, plus 3 years' association or equivalent experience, preferred
Excellent communication skills; knowledge of CEU application and approval processes
Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously
How to Apply
Equal Opportunty Employer
Principals Only. Position is located in Alexandria, VA.