Do you want to contribute to an organization dedicated to improving societal health? Would you like to collaborate with colleagues who are passionate about making a difference? Are you excited to work in a new state-of-the-art building designed to encourage movement, participation, and employee health?
Then you want to work for the American Physical Therapy Association!
APTA is the trusted leader for the physical therapy profession, representing 100,000 physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and physical therapy students. Our team supports the association's mission to build a community that advances the profession of physical therapy to improve the health of society.
This position will provide professional support for activities of the Certifications department. Assists department colleagues with carrying out efforts to meet objectives on organizational priorities with a focus on departmental contributions to education and certification strategy for the Association. Supports operational needs for appointed and member volunteer groups and APTA leadership. Provides support with compliance documents. Seeks out and supports and opportunities for continuous quality improvement in department activities. Effective champion of the Association vision, mission, and brand.
- Providing professional oversight and management support for the specialist certification, recertification, and MOSC review processes.
- Providing support and attending all specialist certification governance and annual recognition activities, including development of agenda materials, minutes, and progress reports.
- Serving as staff liaison to specialty council chairs and other assigned work groups on certification related activities.
- Assisting with the coordination of application materials and review efforts associated with new specialist certification petitions.
- Coordinating efforts associated with all elements of revalidation studies for board certification specialty areas, and the development of resulting Descriptions of Specialty Practice and Self-Assessment resources.
- Providing management support for other research initiatives associated with the specialist certification, recertification, and MOSC programs.
- Overseeing and coordinating marketing and development activities associated with APTA’s specialist certification and PTA APP programs.
- Implement work plans related to respective activities of the Certifications department which align with organizational priorities and the Association’s systems and data strategy, membership strategy, scientific strategy, education and certification strategy, and business strategy.
- Prepare and complete required departmental compliance forms as outlined below including ensuring required information is accurate for timely submission of all required form.
- Contribute to and implement recommendations on advancing operations within the department to gain efficiencies, and grow revenue, if applicable.
- Contribute to quality assurance and continuous quality/performance improvement in department activities, including supporting department director, and unit leader in annual assessments of respective budget activities.
- Support the Education team in the implementation of the Association’s programs, priorities, and projects in partnership with department director and staff colleague.
- Prepare in consultation with the senior manager, department level data which supports and aligns with the APTA data strategy.
- Upholds and fosters team values.
- Complies with all APTA policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned to foster achievement of association priorities.
- 4+ years’ experience in similar professional support position
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent related experience
- Association background in certification/credentialing preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong computer/database experience required
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience communicating effectively verbally and in writing
- 0 - 5%- local, national
APTA's outstanding benefits include generous annual vacation and sick leave, federal paid holidays, retirement contributions, and commuting subsidies for employees who choose public transit and active transportation.
APTA's headquarters are located across the street from the new Potomac Yard Metrorail station set to open in October 2022, with immediate access to the DMV's bike trail system. Opened in 2021, APTA Centennial Center's amenities include a fitness center, bike share, and health and wellness classes—all free to APTA employees. A WiFi-connected rooftop terrace offers views of the Potomac River and Washington, D.C. skyline, offering a great alternate work location or place to take a break.
Most staff positions are eligible for APTA's flexible work arrangement schedule. New hires must be employed three full consecutive months before being eligible to apply for a flexible work arrangement.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principals only: no agencies; no phone calls, please. Candidates selected to participate in an interview will be contacted by Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The American Physical Therapy Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
APTA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit e-verify.uscis.gov.
APTA is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and invites and welcomes applicants with diversity of experience, mindset, and skills to add value to APTA and our staff community.
Position is located in Alexandria, VA.