About the Foundation
The Foundation for Physical Therapy Research is the only national nonprofit solely dedicated to funding physical therapy research and promising researchers through grants, scholarships, and fellowships. Through these investments, researchers go on to yield exceptional research that helps us learn more about the efficacy of physical therapy practices, pioneer breakthrough treatments, and build the evidence-base to define the value of physical therapy among payers, other health care professions, and patients.
FPTR is an affiliate of the American Physical Therapy Association. FPTR staff are employed by APTA and receive the same employee benefits and adhere to APTA policies and procedures.
We are looking for a creative and energetic communications professional to join our team as Digital Communications Specialist. This is a multi-faceted role with opportunity for growth. The Digital Communications Specialist will support the donor engagement, events, and research programs. This position reports to and works collaboratively with the Communications and Marketing Manager.
- Social Media - Create social media content to include event graphics and video clips to support a cross-platform digital strategy and boost engagement. Ensure that all platforms are regularly updated with relevant and timely information.
- Content Creation – Draft posts and researcher profiles promoting the organization's mission.
- Website - Coordinate with other staff across organization to compile information for updates to our Wordpress-based website and collaborate with a vendor on a separately managed donor website.
- Email Marketing - Design and create email campaigns to include newsletters, event invitations, solicitations and other donor and stakeholder communications to support retention and recruitment.
- Reports & Publications - Use templated designs in Canva, Adobe InDesign, and other platforms to support digital and print publications. Event Support – Support production for virtual events through promotion and collateral creation. Prepare communications calendars and web content for campaigns around student-led fundraising challenge. Coordinate with speakers for virtual events.
- Upholds and fosters team values.
- Complies with all APTA policies and procedures.
- • Performs other duties as assigned to foster achievement of FPTR and association priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, or a related field.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience creating digital content; Experience in healthcare a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organization skills, and attention to detail.
- Must be highly organized; strong attention to detail – must be able to meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities.
- Content writing experience for all platforms.
- Experience with digital, publication, and video content creation and editing tools such as Adobe InDesign, Canva, and Piktochart.
- Experience in MailChimp, Constant Contact, or a similar email platform.
- Experience managing and monitoring social media platforms and content management systems (i.e., Hootsuite and Wordpress).
- Familiarity with webinar platforms.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and web-based applications.
- 10%- local, national
APTA's outstanding benefits include generous annual vacation and sick leave, federal paid holidays, retirement contributions, and commuting subsidies for employees who choose public transit and active transportation.
APTA's headquarters are located across the street from the new Potomac Yard Metrorail station set to open in October 2022, with immediate access to the DMV's bike trail system. Opened in 2021, APTA Centennial Center's amenities include a fitness center, bike share, and health and wellness classes—all free to APTA employees. A WiFi-connected rooftop terrace offers views of the Potomac River and Washington, D.C. skyline, offering a great alternate work location or place to take a break.
Most staff positions are eligible for APTA's flexible work arrangement schedule. New hires must be employed three full consecutive months before being eligible to apply for a flexible work arrangement.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Principals only: no agencies; no phone calls, please. Candidates selected to participate in an interview will be contacted by Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The American Physical Therapy Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
APTA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit e-verify.uscis.gov.
APTA is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and invites and welcomes applicants with diversity of experience, mindset, and skills to add value to APTA and our staff community.
Position is located in Alexandria, VA.
Do you want to contribute to an organization dedicated to improving societal health? Would you like to collaborate with colleagues who are passionate about making a difference? Are you excited to work in a new state-of-the-art building designed to encourage movement, participation, and employee health?
Then you want to work for the American Physical Therapy Association!
APTA is the trusted leader for the physical therapy profession, representing 100,000 physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and physical therapy students. Our team supports the association's mission to build a community that advances the profession of physical therapy to improve the health of society.