Do you want to contribute to an organization dedicated to improving societal health? Would you like to collaborate with colleagues who are passionate about making a difference? Are you excited to work in a new state-of-the-art building designed to encourage movement, participation, and employee health?
Then you want to work for the American Physical Therapy Association!
APTA is the trusted leader for the physical therapy profession, representing 100,000 physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and physical therapy students. Our team supports the association's mission to build a community that advances the profession of physical therapy to improve the health of society.
A member of Public Affairs Unit that implements efforts to support organizational priorities and activities within the Health Policy and Payment department, this position supports efforts with a focus on departmental contributions to public engagement strategy for the Association.
Participates and support efforts for appointed and member volunteer groups and APTA leadership. Supports preparation of compliance requirements and documents and seeks out opportunities for continuous quality improvement in department activities. Effective champion of the Association vision, mission and brand.
- Reviews existing and proposed regulations from federal agencies (including CMS, HHS, VA, DOD, OSHA, SSA and others) to assess impact to the physical therapy profession and drafts comments in support of APTA positions.
- Communicates existing and new regulatory requirements to members via written communications, webinar presentations and live speaking engagements.
- Responds to member questions pertaining to compliance with federal regulations.
- Implements work plans related to respective activities of the Health Policy and Payment department which align with organizational priorities and the Association’s public engagement strategy.
- Prepares and completes required departmental compliance forms including ensuring required information is accurate for timely submission of all required forms.
- Contributes to and implements recommendations on advancing operations within the department to gain efficiencies, and grow revenue, if applicable.
- Contributes to quality assurance and continuous quality/performance improvement in department activities, including supporting department director, and unit leader in annual assessments of respective budget activities described above.
- Supports the Public Affairs team in the implementation of the Association’s programs, priorities, and projects in partnership with department director and staff colleagues.
- Prepares, in consultation with the Director, department level data which supports and aligns with the APTA data strategy
- Upholds and fosters team values.
- Complies with all APTA policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned to foster achievement of association priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s or Juris Doctor preferred.
- 3-5 years' experience with and understanding of federal and state health care policy analysis and advocacy.
- Knowledge of workings of Congress, federal health agencies, and state Medicaid programs.
- Experience formulating and advancing public policies.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate complicated issues clearly and effectively to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of value-based care, alternative payment models and value-based purchasing models a plus.
- 10%, local and national.
APTA's outstanding benefits include generous annual vacation and sick leave, federal paid holidays, retirement contributions, and commuting subsidies for employees who choose public transit and active transportation.
APTA's headquarters are located across the street from the new Potomac Yard Metrorail station set to open in October 2022, with immediate access to the DMV's bike trail system. Opened in 2021, APTA Centennial Center's amenities include a fitness center, bike share, and health and wellness classes—all free to APTA employees. A WiFi-connected rooftop terrace offers views of the Potomac River and Washington, D.C. skyline, offering a great alternate work location or place to take a break.
Most staff positions are eligible for APTA's flexible work arrangement schedule. New hires must be employed three full consecutive months before being eligible to apply for a flexible work arrangement.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Principals only: no agencies; no phone calls, please. Candidates selected to participate in an interview will be contacted by Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The American Physical Therapy Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
APTA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit e-verify.uscis.gov.
APTA is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and invites and welcomes applicants with diversity of experience, mindset, and skills to add value to APTA and our staff community.
Position is located in Alexandria, VA.