Do you want to contribute to an organization dedicated to improving societal health? Would you like to collaborate with colleagues who are passionate about making a difference? Are you excited to work in a new state-of-the-art building designed to encourage movement, participation, and employee health?
Then you want to work for the American Physical Therapy Association!
APTA is the trusted leader for the physical therapy profession, representing 100,000 physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and physical therapy students. Our team supports the association's mission to build a community that advances the profession of physical therapy to improve the health of society.
Provides professional services in a high-volume call center by answering incoming calls, chats and emails from customers who want to join/renew their membership, place orders, register for events, respond to inquiries, manage complaints, troubleshoot website issues, customer service problems, and provide general information. You will be a member of the primary contact team for consumers interested in APTA products and services we offer and will be responsible for assisting them in completing purchases online and over the phone. You will also inform customers of product terms and features and project a professional company image through voice and online interactions.
- Answer incoming calls, chats, and respond to customer’s emails
- Manage and resolve customer inquires
- Sell APTA products/services and place customer orders in association database
- Identify and escalate issues to manager
- Provide product and service information to customers
- Research required information using available resources
- Research, identify, and resolve customer inquiries using applicable software
- Maintain customer information, capture membership and subscription renewals/join information
- Process orders, forms, and applications (individual and bulk)
- Route calls to appropriate resources
- Document all call information according to standard operating procedures
- Recognize, document, and alert the management team of trends in customer calls
- Follow up customer calls where necessary
- Upsell products and services
- Complete call logs and reports
- Actively contributes to the establishment of a positive working environment
- Is an effective champion of the Association vision, mission, and brand
- Other duties as assigned
- Upholds and fosters team values.
- Complies with all APTA policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned to foster achievement of association priorities.
- High school diploma required; Associates degree preferred
- 2-4 years’ experience in a call center or high-volume customer contact environment
- Experience with iMIS, MS Dynamics or other customer database (e.g., CRM) a plus
- Knowledge of customer service practices and principles
- Excellent data entry or typing skills
- Superior listening, verbal and writing communication skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations appropriately
- Experience in handling sensitive, confidential information
APTA's outstanding benefits include generous annual vacation and sick leave, federal paid holidays, retirement contributions, and commuting subsidies for employees who choose public transit and active transportation.
APTA's headquarters are located across the street from the new Potomac Yard Metrorail station set to open in October 2022, with immediate access to the DMV's bike trail system. Opened in 2021, APTA Centennial Center's amenities include a fitness center, bike share, and health and wellness classes—all free to APTA employees. A WiFi-connected rooftop terrace offers views of the Potomac River and Washington, D.C. skyline, offering a great alternate work location or place to take a break.
Most staff positions are eligible for APTA's flexible work arrangement schedule. New hires must be employed three full consecutive months before being eligible to apply for a flexible work arrangement.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Principals only: no agencies; no phone calls, please. Candidates selected to participate in an interview will be contacted by Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The American Physical Therapy Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
APTA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit e-verify.uscis.gov.
APTA is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and invites and welcomes applicants with diversity of experience, mindset, and skills to add value to APTA and our staff community.
Position is located in Alexandria, VA.