Do you want to contribute to an organization dedicated to improving societal health? Would you like to collaborate with colleagues who are passionate about making a difference? Are you excited to work in a new state-of-the-art building designed to encourage movement, participation, and employee health?
Then you want to work for the American Physical Therapy Association!
APTA is the trusted leader for the physical therapy profession, representing 100,000 physical therapists, physical therapist assistants, and physical therapy students. Our team supports the association's mission to build a community that advances the profession of physical therapy to improve the health of society.
A member of the Information Technology department team that implements efforts to support organizational priorities and activities within the department. Supports unit efforts with a focus on departmental contributions to enterprise strategy for Association. Participates and support efforts for appointed and member volunteer groups and APTA leadership. Supports preparation of compliance requirements and documents and seeks out opportunities for continuous quality improvement in department activities. Effective champion of the Association vision, mission and brand.
- Performs network, servers and workstations administration and management;
- Implements work plans related to respective activities of the Information Technology; department which align with organizational priorities and the Association's operations strategy and systems and data;
- Prepares and completes required departmental compliance forms as outlined below including ensuring required information is accurate for timely submission of all required forms;
- Contributes to and implements recommendations on advancing operations within the department to gain efficiencies, and grow revenue, if applicable;
- Contributes to quality assurance and continuous quality/performance improvement in department activities, including supporting department director, and unit leader in annual assessments of respective budget activities;
- Supports the Knowledge and Technology team in the implementation of the Association’s programs, priorities, and projects in partnership with supervisor and staff colleagues;
- Prepares in consultation with the Director, department level data which supports and aligns with the APTA data strategy.
- Upholds and fosters team values.
- Complies with all APTA policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned to foster achievement of association priorities.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems or, 5+ years' related experience, required
- Association/Non-Profit IT background, preferred
- 5+ years' experience in managing and troubleshooting of Windows servers, Windows workstations, and end-user support
- Experience in Kaseya VSA and 3rd party patch management
- Experience in VMware vCenter and VM servers
- Experience in Citrix XenApp server
- Experience in VOIP system, preferably RingCentral UC/CC
- Experience in IT ticketing system, preferably Freshworks/Freshdesk
- Experience in Microsoft 365 applications and administration
- Experience in AWS file storage
- Experience in Backup systems, preferably Veeam VM backup, Cloudberry file backup, Backupify Office 365 backup, and N2W AWS snapshot backup
- Experience in email security system, preferably Mimecast
- Working knowledge in network security and PCI compliance
- Working knowledge in Cisco Firepower, Umbrella, ISE, Meraki a plus
- Working knowledge in AV conference system, Crestron conference system a plus
- Working knowledge in Xerox copier/printer a plus
- Experience in interviewing business users, collecting, and interpreting requirements, and explaining the solution details to the business audience
- Critical thinking skills
APTA's outstanding benefits include generous annual vacation and sick leave, federal paid holidays, retirement contributions, and commuting subsidies for employees who choose public transit and active transportation.
APTA's headquarters are located across the street from the new Potomac Yard Metrorail station set to open in October 2022, with immediate access to the DMV's bike trail system. Opened in 2021, APTA Centennial Center's amenities include a fitness center, bike share, and health and wellness classes—all free to APTA employees. A WiFi-connected rooftop terrace offers views of the Potomac River and Washington, D.C. skyline, offering a great alternate work location or place to take a break.
Most staff positions are eligible for APTA's flexible work arrangement schedule. New hires must be employed three full consecutive months before being eligible to apply for a flexible work arrangement.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principals only: no agencies; no phone calls, please. Candidates selected to participate in an interview will be contacted by Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The American Physical Therapy Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
APTA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information please visit e-verify.uscis.gov.
APTA is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and invites and welcomes applicants with diversity of experience, mindset, and skills to add value to APTA and our staff community.
Position is located in Alexandria, VA.