Serving as a Core Ambassador (CA) is an excellent opportunity to be an active and engaged member, advance our profession, make connections, and learn along the way. To be a Core Ambassador is to be an influential leader in the APTA Student Assembly, serving as the primary connection between the APTA Student Assembly Board of Directors and the students in your state. Strong, inspired Core Ambassadors are a linchpin to student engagement and empowerment, nationally and locally.
Review the qualifications and responsibilities below, and then scroll down to look for the chapters that are accepting applicants for the 2021-2022 year. Appointments will be made in mid to late September.
Deadline to Apply: August 16, 2021
Applicants must be in good academic standing, maintain student status at their programs for at least 6 months of their CA term, be a current student member of APTA and a member of the chapter this wish to represent, possess a willingness to take charge, follow through, meet deadlines, be comfortable presenting, and have a passion for the advancement of the physical therapy profession.
Listed below are some of the roles and responsibilities associated with the Core Ambassador position.
- Receive and forward emails from the Student Assembly Board of Directors to faculty and student contacts at each academic program in their state within 48 hours of receipt
- Present 1-3 APTA Value presentations
- Organize and promote National Advocacy Dinners in your state
- Assist the Student Assembly Board of Directors in identifying a faculty and student contact for each program within your state
- Maintain communication with your state’s Student Special Interest Group (SSIG) if applicable
This year's Student Assembly Board has outlined a goal for engaging students through connection, fostering communication, and networking. Our success in this area is heavily dependent on Core Ambassadors remaining motivated and active throughout their one-year term! Your commitment and determination are greatly appreciated!
We anticipate more than one application for this position, and only one will be appointed.
Informational Session for Applicants
Applicants are encouraged to attend a 30-minute informational session on Monday, July 19 at 8 p.m. ET. A recording of this event will be posted here a day or two after the session.