Expectations and Requirements for Participation at APTA CSM 2023
We're excited to welcome our members and guests to the APTA Combined Sections Meeting in San Diego, Feb. 23-25. The APTA Board of Directors asks for your help to promote the safety of all participants at APTA CSM, which will be operated consistent with CDC guidance related to COVID-19.
- Proof of vaccination or negative test: Attendees aren't required to provide proof of vaccination or a negative test; however, APTA encourages vaccines and related boosters, consistent with CDC recommendations.
- Testing before travel: To support the health and safety of others, APTA asks attendees to take an at-home COVID-19 rapid antigen test before traveling to APTA CSM and to not attend if they test positive or exhibit COVID-19 symptoms.
- Personal accountability onsite: Attendees should immediately remove themselves from participation if they test positive or simply exhibit COVID-19 symptoms. Follow the CDC's isolation protocols to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Please contact anyone you know who you were in close contact with to inform them of your health status (CDC defines "close contact" as less than 6 feet away for at least 15 minutes over 24 hours). Due to the size of APTA CSM, APTA cannot perform effective contact tracing.
- Masks: Masks aren’t required but are encouraged indoors. The CDC recommends N95 masks.
APTA reserves the right to implement COVID-19 precaution requirements different from those above should CDC, local, or venue guidance or restrictions change. Attendees who fail to comply with those requirements forfeit their participation.
All attendees sign a liability waiver during the registration process in order to participate at APTA CSM.
Frequently Asked Questions About COVID-19 and APTA CSM 2023
- Will seating at APTA CSM be distanced?
No. With more than 15,000 attendees expected onsite, distancing in session rooms or throughout the conference experience isn't possible, nor is distancing a CDC requirement.
- Is in-person attendance in San Diego required to participate in APTA CSM?
No. There are three options to participate in APTA CSM as an attendee (See the APTA CSM rates and registration page for more information):
- In person: Attend in person, Feb. 23-25, with the ability to gain up to 1.8 CEUs (18 contact hours) and receive free access to the on-demand content in March (without additional CEUs).
- On demand (virtual) with CEUs: Experience approximately one-third of the in-person APTA CSM program on demand (March 15-April 15) with the ability to earn up to 1.2 CEUs (12 contact hours) with successful completion of related post-tests during the virtual event.
- On demand (virtual) without CEUs: Experience approximately one-third of the APTA CSM program on demand without CEUs, at a discounted rate from the on-demand option with CEUs.
- Can I get a refund if I’m unable to participate in APTA CSM due to COVID-19?
Cancellation requests for preconference and full conference registrations received by Jan. 23, 2023, will receive a full refund minus a $25 administration fee. There will be no refunds for no-shows or cancellations after Jan. 23. Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to the APTA Registration Center, firstname.lastname@example.org. Although attendees may need to remove themselves from participation due to COVID-19, this won't result in any refunds or registration deferments. In-person attendees will be able to view APTA CSM On Demand March 15-April 15, 2023.