CSM 2022 Volunteers
APTA CSM is Feb. 2-5, 2022, at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas.
Thanks for your interest in CSM 2022. The 2022 CSM Volunteer submission site is now closed.
All applicants chosen to volunteer will be notified via email by October 29, 2021.
Volunteer Responsibilities and Considerations
Responsibilities for APTA CSM student volunteers may include:
- Assisting attendees in scanning their conference badges when entering sessions.
- Monitoring rooms and room capacity.
- Assisting APTA staff with navigating/helping attendees at one of the four conference locations.
- Assisting attendees in using the APTA CSM app.
- Volunteers are required to attend a one-hour training session on Wednesday, Feb. 2, 2022 (location and time to be determined).
- Volunteer hours will run from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 3 through Saturday, Feb. 5.
- Volunteers must be available all three days.
- Each day will consist of three to four shifts, lasting roughly 1-1.5 hours each.
Participation During CSM
- Student volunteers will have time to attend sessions while volunteering; however, volunteers will be approximately 30 minutes late to each session due to their duties. Once the designated shift is over, volunteers can attend programming.
- Volunteers also will have time during unopposed hours to explore the exhibit hall.
- APTA will reimburse volunteers a portion of their early bird registration fee in the amount of $210. Volunteers are paid at the end of the conference after their last assignment. This means that you get to attend the conference for a discounted rate!
- Volunteers receive a free one-of-a-kind APTA CSM 2022 volunteer conference t-shirt.
- Volunteers have the opportunity to network with over 15,000 attendees, including PTs, PTAs, and students from all over the world.
- Volunteers learn more about what APTA and your profession have to offer.
Maximum reimbursement for each individual student is $210; the remaining cost of registration in the amount of $80 is nonrefundable.
Volunteer Requirements Submission and Information
- Volunteers must be active APTA student members. If you aren't a current APTA member consider joining now. The cost savings of attending APTA CSM pays for your membership and then some!
Accessing the Volunteer Portal and Application Process
- Sign into the portal using your APTA credentials and submit your contact information, t-shirt size, and your section of interest.
- Volunteers are picked on a first-come, first-served basis. Sign up quickly!
- Volunteers will be notified of their acceptance in late-October (before the early bird deadline).
- Once the acceptance notification is received, volunteers must register for APTA CSM 2022 before the early bird deadline on Nov. 3. Register now!
Sign Up Via APTA Engage
If you are not logged in, you will need to login once you reach APTA's Engage volunteer portal.
Please contact Conferences with questions.