The opportunities include both live and recorded telehealth webinars, as well as self-paced courses on a range of topics — all free to APTA members.
In these challenging times, PTs, PTAs, and students face multiple pressures — including the pressure to keep up with changing practice dynamics in the wake of a global pandemic.
APTA's Learning Center can help. The association's online continuing education platform now offers a collection of webinars and courses that can provide you with insight into telehealth, where some of the most significant changes are happening to the profession in response to the COVID-19 emergency. APTA has also collected self-paced courses on a variety of other topics that are perfect for when you need to give yourself time away from the current crisis.
All listed offerings are free to APTA members; some are free to everyone. Unless otherwise noted, all offerings include the opportunity to earn CEUs.
Live Online Telehealth Webinar
- Digital Telehealth Practice — Connect for Best Practice, Compliance, and Healthcare; April 7, 2 p.m.-3 p.m. (Free to members; flipped classroom format with a prerecording available for review)
Recorded Webinars on Telehealth
- Implementing Telehealth in Your Practice STAT: Practical Guidance From Experienced Telehealth PTs (Free to all; no CEUs)
- HIPAA and Telehealth (Free to all)
- Increasing Physical Therapist Acceptance of Telehealth (Free to members)
Self-Paced Courses on Other Topics
- Ethical Practice in Postacute Care in 2020 and Beyond (NEW; Free to all)
- Interprofessional Practices in School-Based Setting: Why It's important (NEW; Free to all)
- Mechanism-Based Assessment and Clinical Reasoning for Persistent Pain (NEW; Free to members)
- Engaging Patients in Multimodal Pain Care Plans (NEW; Free to members)
- Medicare Post-Acute Care Payment Reforms and the Continued Value of Physical Therapist Practice (Free to members)
- Emergency Department Physical Therapist Service: Removing Barriers and Building Bridges (Free to members)
- Well-Being: Your Career Depends on It (Free to all)