This award recognizes and rewards component leaders in the area of state legislative leadership who bring increased awareness and involvement to state legislative issues and who achieve success in state legislative issues that strengthen the practice of physical therapy.
From among nominees for the State Legislative Leadership Award who are not selected for the award, the Advocacy Awards Subcommittee, at its discretion, may recommend to the Board a nominee(s) for a Recognition of Legislative Commitment who has, in the judgment of the subcommittee, demonstrated substantial commitment to protecting and advancing physical therapy through state legislative efforts throughout their career.
Nominees for this award must:
- Be an active APTA member in good standing
- Be a licensed physical therapist or physical therapist assistant in the state they serve
Criteria for Selection
Nominees for this award must demonstrate:
- Legislative accomplishments and leadership abilities.
- Contributions to APTA’s state government affairs efforts and those of other components.
- Chapter support and years of service to component legislative efforts.
- Grassroots and member involvement.
- Organizational and communication skills.
- Significant contributions and leadership in the area of state legislation.
- Being a role model to members in the area of state legislative leadership.
- The nomination form
- A letter of nomination
- Other supporting documentation, such as letters of support, detailing why the nominee should receive the award.
What Recipients Receive
The selected recipient will be invited to attend an APTA national event where an award will be presented during the event. The recipient will also receive recognition on APTA's website.
Submit a Nomination
Nominations are now being accepted through Jan. 31, 2023. Access online nomination form. Selected recipients will be notified of receipt of the honor or award in May 2023.
For questions regarding the nomination process or the award, please contact email@example.com.