APTA's Health Systems Network is for APTA members who practice in health systems, which typically are organizations that consist of an acute care hospital and a combination of other post-acute care facilities. The organizations may offer care in a variety of integrated clinical settings, such as acute care, inpatient rehabilitation, home care, skilled nursing facilities, and outpatient clinics.
The network is intended to serve as a community for interested stakeholders. Ideas generated by the network may be implemented by participants' stakeholder groups (sections, academies, external groups, APTA, etc.) at the discretion of each entity's governing body.
- Join the network: APTA members should use the online signup form to join the APTA Health Systems Network (no fees required). By doing so, you will be automatically subscribed to receive email alerts from the network's online community (you may adjust your email alerts at any time).
- The APTA Health System's Network holds free webinars for interested participants. Go to the resources section of the network's community to download the current webinar schedule and listen to the recorded offerings.
The purpose of the network is to improve the health and wellness of society by advancing the practice of physical therapy and promoting scholarship and research through:
- Greater communication among health systems, APTA members and components, the APTA Board of Directors, and staff.
- Influencing the development of innovative models of care such as collaboration on electronic medical record development, determining improved methods of measuring outcomes, improving coordination across the continuum of care, and promoting the value of physical therapists in health care systems.
- Development, sharing, and adoption of best practices within health systems.