This annual student-led campaign unites the APTA community through advocacy.
Students are the future of our profession, but they are an even more meaningful voice in our advocacy efforts right now.
Led by PT and PTA students, APTA's Flash Action Strategy rallies our community around important issues affecting our profession and the people we serve.
This year's event will occur Sept. 14-15. Watch this space and your email inbox for updates and resources.
The focus this year will be the Physical Therapist Workforce and Patient Access Act (H.R. 3759/S. 2676).
Use the APTA Patient Action Center to quickly and easily send an email to your members of Congress.
How does it work?
PT and PTA students from across the country engage on social media to raise awareness and contact their members of Congress. There will be sample social media posts you can use and a template letter to Congress you can send directly to your legislators.
Access tools and resources, plus instructions through social media and email on how you and your program can participate in the Flash Action Strategy.
Tools and Resources
Share these videos with your programs
- Learn how you can participate in APTA’s Flash Action Strategy
- Hear from APTA Student Board President Chase Kuhn about the upcoming Flash Action Strategy
Sample Tweets for Flash Action Strategy 2022
You may include the social media handle for your legislators. Please visit house.gov or senate.gov to find your legislators and their handles.
- Please co-sponsor the Physical Therapist Workforce and Patient Access Act (HR 3759/S 2676) #FAS2022 #PTAdvocacy
- Offering student loan repayment options for working in rural and underserved areas will ease the financial burden of becoming a PT and promote growth of the profession, while at the same time benefiting millions of Americans who need and deserve our care. #PTAdvocacy #FAS2022
- Please co-sponsor S 2676/HR 3759 and add physical therapy to the NHSC to increase access of non-pharmacological treatment options! #PTAdvocacy #FAS2022
- Support increased PT services in rural and underserved areas and help combat the opioid crisis. Please co-sponsor HR 3759/S 2676. #FAS2022 #PTAdvocacy
Download these graphics to go with your social posts