New in 2021! APTA now offers a set-and-forget monthly dues payment plan, available to all new, returning, or renewing APTA members.
Once set up, there's nothing more to do: The monthly installments will be made through an autopay system, and you can even arrange to have your membership auto-renew each year. Look for this option when you join or renew (online payment required). Full terms and conditions are provided below.
Dues discounts are available for graduating student members.
APTA Monthly Payment Plan Terms and Conditions
For Your APTA and Component Annual Membership Dues and Other Voluntary Contributions
PLEASE READ ALL THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ("TERMS") CAREFULLY. THESE TERMS APPLY TO YOU AND AUTOPAYMENT OF YOUR ANNUAL APTA AND COMPONENT DUES ON A MONTHLY BASIS ("MONTHLY PAYMENT"), INCLUDING ANY VOLUNTARY CONTRIBUTIONS YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE. YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. THESE TERMS MAY IMPACT YOUR APTA MEMBERSHIP. YOUR MONTHLY AUTOPAYMENTS ARE EXPRESSLY CONDITIONED UPON YOUR AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS.
AMENDMENTS TO THESE TERMS: YOU SHOULD READ THESE TERMS EACH YEAR, AS THEY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. HOWEVER, SUCH CHANGE SHALL NOT AFFECT YOUR PREVIOUS YEAR OF MONTHLY PAYMENTS. YOUR MONTHLY PAYMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS IN EFFECT AT THE TIME OF YOUR AUTHORIZATION TO START MONTHLY PAYMENT.
PART I: MONTHLY PAYMENT AUTHORIZATION
- You agree that you are responsible for making on-time dues payments and that the Monthly Payment plan for paying your APTA and Component annual membership dues over the course of 12 months is not a monthly dues option, but a monthly payment plan.
- By clicking the Monthly Payment plan option when joining or renewing, you authorize APTA to:
- Automatically obtain regular monthly payments to pay your APTA and Component annual dues in the amount equivalent to 1/12 of your annual dues, plus a $1 per month service charge, and
- Any voluntary contributions you choose, by
- Charging your credit or debit card to the account you stipulated.
- By authorizing Monthly Payment described above, you authorize APTA to initiate your first monthly payment today and on or after the same day each month thereafter.
- You have chosen to pay with a credit or debit card, and therefore, you authorize us to obtain payment via any credit or debit card issued as a replacement or substitute for the card specified above, if applicable.
- APTA will provide you at least 30 days written notice of any change to the price of dues, which will go into effect at the start of the subsequent membership year. If you change Chapters, your Chapter fees may change without a notice period.
- Your authorization of Monthly Payment will continue until you or we cancel it, or until you cancel your membership.
- You may cancel Monthly Payment at any time but doing so will make your remaining APTA and Component annual dues payable to APTA within 30 days.
- In order to cancel Monthly Payment, you must submit your cancellation request by phone to 800-999-2872 or email to email@example.com, at least 7 days before the scheduled payment date. There is no fee to cancel Monthly Payment. If we receive your cancellation request fewer than 7 days before your next scheduled payment date, your Monthly Payment will process as normal and the cancellation will be effective for your next scheduled payment and your remaining annual dues will be calculated accordingly.
- If your payment is declined for any reason, you will be notified by APTA. You are responsible for making on-time dues payments. Interruption of your preauthorized credit or debit card,whether by you or by us, will not relieve you of your responsibility to make payments by some other method. If Monthly Payment is discontinued and you do not make a payment by some other method, your APTA membership may be terminated or impacted subject to the following:
- The 30-day dues payment period begins from the paid-through date. You may update your payment method or pay your remaining dues in full during this grace period.
- After the 30-day period ends, your membership will expire.
- If you believe your Monthly Payment will not process on time for any reason, you may also choose to make individual one-time payments by calling 800-999-2872.
PART II: GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO MONTHLY PAYMENT
- Acceptance of These Terms: A checked radial button during your membership renewal means you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein including but not limited to being responsible for the payment of your APTA and Component annual dues.
- Severability: Each provision of the Agreement shall be considered severable such that if any one provision or clause conflicts with existing or future applicable law or may not be given full effect because of such law, it shall not affect any other provision of the Agreement which can be given effect without the conflicting provision or clause.
- Governing Law and Venue: This agreement has been entered into in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Both parties agree that the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia shall govern this agreement and the venue for any dispute shall be in Virginia.
APTA Easy Pay Plan Terms and Conditions
I authorize APTA to charge my credit/debit card in four payments over six months for the total amount of membership dues, contributions, and annual $20.00 Easy Pay processing fee. If I close this account prior to this indebtedness being satisfied, I agree to notify APTA's Finance Department of the specifics of my new account or how the outstanding balance will be paid. I understand that if I fail to meet my payment obligation to APTA, my membership will be terminated.
I authorize APTA to continue to charge my credit/debit card for my full dues from year to year until such time I notify APTA to cancel auto-renew by telephone at 800-999-2782, or in writing at AutoRenew@apta.org or APTA, Attn: Member Success Department, 3030 Potomac Ave., Suite 100, Alexandria, VA | 22305-3085.
I understand that my national and component membership will be renewed annually by charging my credit/debit card, along with voluntary contributions and the processing fees, regardless if paying by the APTA Easy Pay Plan, the APTA Monthly Payment Plan, or one-time annual payment.