The following are terms and conditions members agree to when joining APTA and paying national or component membership dues and other voluntary contributions.
PLEASE READ ALL THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ("TERMS") CAREFULLY. THESE TERMS APPLY TO YOU AND PAYMENT OF YOUR ANNUAL APTA AND COMPONENT DUES, WHETHER ON AN ANNUAL BASIS (“ANNUAL PAYMENT”) OR ON A MONTHLY BASIS ("MONTHLY PAYMENT"), INCLUDING ANY VOLUNTARY CONTRIBUTIONS YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE. BY SIGNING UP TO BECOME AN APTA MEMBER, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. THESE TERMS MAY IMPACT YOUR APTA MEMBERSHIP. YOUR PAYMENTS, INCLUDING MONTHLY AUTOPAYMENTS ARE EXPRESSLY CONDITIONED UPON YOUR AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS.
AMENDMENTS TO THESE TERMS: YOU SHOULD READ THESE TERMS EACH YEAR, AS THEY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. HOWEVER, SUCH CHANGE SHALL NOT AFFECT YOUR PREVIOUS YEAR OF MONTHLY PAYMENTS. FOR MEMBERS PAYING ON A MONTHLY BASIS, PAYMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS IN EFFECT AT THE TIME OF AUTHORIZATION TO START MONTHLY PAYMENT.
Payment of APTA Membership Dues
Member's Payment Responsibilities:
- You agree that you are responsible for making on-time dues payments.
- APTA will provide you at least 30 days written notice of any change to the price of dues, which will go into effect at the start of the subsequent membership year. If you change Chapters, your Chapter fees may change without a notice period.
- Auto-Renew: A checked radial button for auto-renewal of membership means you authorize APTA to continue to charge your credit/debit card for your full dues from year to year until such time as you notify APTA to cancel auto-renew by telephone at 800-999-2782, or in writing at AutoRenew@apta.orgor APTA, Attn: Member Success Department, 3030 Potomac Ave., Suite 100, Alexandria, VA | 22305-3085. By initiating or renewing your membership with a check radial button for auto-renewal constitutes your understanding that your national and component membership will be renewed annually by charging your credit/debit card, along with voluntary contributions and the processing fees, regardless of whether you are paying the Monthly Payment Plan or one-time annual payment.
Monthly Payment Plan:
- If you select the Monthly Payment plan for APTA membership dues, you agree that the Monthly Payment plan for paying your APTA and Component annual membership dues over the course of 12 months is not a monthly dues option, but a monthly payment plan.
- By clicking the Monthly Payment plan option when joining or renewing, you authorize APTA to:
- Automatically obtain regular monthly payments to pay your APTA and Component annual dues in the amount equivalent to 1/12 of your annual dues, plus a $1 per month service charge, and
- Any voluntary contributions you choose, by charging your credit or debit card to the account you stipulated.
- By authorizing Monthly Payment described above, you authorize APTA to initiate your first monthly payment on the day you register and on or after the same day each month thereafter.
- You have chosen to pay with a credit or debit card, and therefore, you authorize APTA to obtain payment via any credit or debit card issued as a replacement or substitute for the card specified above, if applicable. Your authorization of Monthly Payment will continue until you or APTA cancels it, or until you cancel your membership.
- You can cancel your membership within 30 days of joining for a full refund. No refunds will be given after 30 days.
- In order to cancel you must submit your cancellation request by phone to 800-999-2782 or email to email@example.com, at least 7 days before the scheduled payment date.
- Monthly Payment Plan:
- You may cancel Monthly Payment at any time but doing so will make your remaining APTA and Component annual dues payable to APTA within 30 days.
- There is no fee to cancel Monthly Payment. If we receive your cancellation request fewer than 7 days before your next scheduled payment date, your Monthly Payment will process as normal and the cancellation will be effective for your next scheduled payment and your remaining annual dues will be calculated accordingly.
- If your payment is declined for any reason, you will be notified by APTA. Interruption of your preauthorized credit or debit card, whether by you or by APTA, will not relieve you of your responsibility to make payments by some other method. If Monthly Payment is discontinued and you do not make a payment by some other method, your APTA membership may be terminated or impacted subject to the following:
- The 30-day dues payment period begins from the paid-through date. You may update your payment method or pay your remaining dues in full during this grace period. After the 30-day period ends, your membership will expire.
- If you believe your Monthly Payment will not process on time for any reason, you may also choose to make individual one-time payments by calling 800-999-2782.
- Acceptance of These Terms: A checked radial button when joining or renewing your membership means you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein including but not limited to being responsible for the payment of your APTA and Component annual dues.
- Severability: Each provision of the Agreement shall be considered severable such that if any one provision or clause conflicts with existing or future applicable law or may not be given full effect because of such law, it shall not affect any other provision of the Agreement which can be given effect without the conflicting provision or clause.
- Governing Law and Venue: This agreement has been entered into in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Both parties agree that the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia shall govern this agreement and the venue for any dispute shall be in Virginia.