The Honorary Membership category is reserved for those who are not licensed physical therapist professionals but have made significant measurable and profound contributions to the profession as a whole.
How to Submit
The nominations call for the Honors and Awards program is open from Sept. 1- Dec. 1. Chapter proposals for honorary membership in APTA must be submitted by Dec. 1 to email@example.com. Late submissions will not be considered. Selected recipients and their nominators will be notified in May.
Documents required for proposal submission are:
- A completed nomination form.
- Letter of nomination that specifically highlights the nominee's contributions as:
- Significant to the profession of physical therapy.
- National in recognition and scope.
- Of unique quality.
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae or resume.
- Proposed language for presentation of the nomination to APTA's House of Delegates in the form of a resolution with a preamble (see Appendix A of the nomination form for reference).
- Other background materials as appropriate.
For questions regarding the nomination process or the award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.