About Honorary Membership
The Honorary Membership category is reserved for those who are not licensed as physical therapists professionals, but have made significant measurable and profound contributions to the profession as a whole.
How to Submit
The nominations call for the 2022 Honors and Awards program are now closed. Selected recipients will be notified of receipt of the honor or award in May 2022.
Documents required for proposal submission are:
- A completed nomination form
- Letter of nomination that specifically highlights the nominee's contributions as:
- significant to the profession of physical therapy
- national in recognition and scope, and
- of unique quality
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae or resume
- Proposed language for presentation of the nomination to APTA's House of Delegates in the form of a resolution with a preamble (see Appendix A of the nomination form for reference), and
- Other background materials as appropriate
For questions regarding the nomination process or the award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.