Thank you for your interest in joining the Frontiers in Rehabilitation, Science and Technology (FiRST) Council. The FiRST Council is one way that the APTA is helping to prepare its members for the future by meeting the following goals:
- Establish collaborative partnerships and participation among stakeholder groups (sections, academies, external groups, APTA, etc);
- Participate in the promotion of scientific and technological innovation in rehabilitation and movement sciences;
- Leverage scientific and technological discoveries to advance physical therapist practice, education, and research;
- Provide a formal means for the members and partners of the council to meet, communicate, and interface with each other, the APTA Board of Directors, and the profession;
- Promote networking, information sharing, education, and leadership development in the areas of innovation, science, and technology across the association and its components;
- Establish a structure and composition for sustainability within the resource constraints as identified by the APTA Board of Directors and consistent with the Bylaws of the American Physical Therapy Association and APTA positions, standards, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
By completing this form, you will be identified as a member of the FiRST Council as long as you are an APTA member in good standing or until you request to be removed from the Council.
If you have any questions, please contact the practice department at firstname.lastname@example.org.