The Public Service Award recognizes individuals who have demonstrated distinctive support for the physical therapy profession at a national level.
Individuals from the following categories are eligible for nomination:
- Members of Congress or their congressional staff.
- Members of a state legislature or executive branch.
- Federal agency officials.
- Health and legislative association staff external to APTA.
- Celebrities and public figures who have contributed to the profession of physical therapy in an area of clinical practice.
- Nomination form
- Letter of nomination. Letters of nomination cannot serve as a letter of support.
- Other supporting documentation, such as letters of support, detailing why the nominee should receive the award.
Component presidents, executives and PPAC members may submit a nomination by January 31, 2024. Selected recipients will be notified of receipt of the honor or award in May 2024.
What Recipients Receive
The award will be presented to the recipient during the Federal Advocacy Forum. The recipient will also receive recognition on APTA's website.
For questions regarding the nomination process or the award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.