The Public Service Award, established in 1991 by APTA's Board of Directors, annually recognizes individuals who have demonstrated distinctive support for the physical therapy profession at a national level.
Individuals from the following categories are eligible for nomination:
- members of Congress and congressional staff,
- members of a state legislature,
- federal agency officials,
- health and legislative association staff, and
- celebrities and public figures.
- the nomination form,
- a letter of nomination, and
- other supporting documentation, such as letters of support, detailing why the nominee should receive the award.
The nominations call for the 2021 Honors and Awards program are now open. Nominations must be submitted via our awards portal by December 1 to be considered.
What Recipients Receive
The award will be presented to the recipient during the Federal Advocacy Forum. The recipient will also receive recognition on APTA's website, as well as in PT in Motion and PT in Motion: News.
If you have any questions about the nomination process or the award, contact Alissa Patanarut at 800/999-2782, ext. 3154.