The 2022 call for volunteers for this committee is now closed. The next call for volunteers for national groups will open in July 2023 for terms beginning January 1, 2024.
The responsibilities for the PT Fund Board of Trustees are as follows:
- Establish a strategic plan and annual goals and objectives that align with the strategic mission and vision of the American Physical Therapy Association
- Review the PT Fund annual budget to ensure that it is sound from a financial perspective and make a recommendation to the APTA Board of Directors
- Review quarterly financial information on the PT Fund and provide feedback to the Treasurer
- Monitor management of funds and fundraising progress
- Promote PT Fund and managed funds within the organization
- Stay current on issues and trends impacting the managed funds
- Be prepared for and attend all PT Fund Board of Trustees board meetings
- Appoint any "other" officers it deems necessary to carry out the day-to-day business of the PT Fund
- Treat information and discussions as confidential
- Submit a report to the Board of Directors on an annual basis
Note: All APTA controlled subsidiaries will conduct their work with APTA's Commitment to Increasing Diversity, Equity, and Incusion in mind and in the context of (1) APTA's Mission, Vision, Strategic Plan and House of Delegates and Board of Directors adopted positions and policies; and (2) the potential for their work to have implications related to physical therapist assistants, women, diversity, and risk management.
Qualifications for Appointees
Candidates should have:
- experience with non-profit governance
- experience with charitable giving and fundraising
- proven leadership in diversity, equity, and inclusion
Size of Appointed Group
The members of the Board of Trustees shall be appointed by the Board of Directors of the APTA. The number of the PT Fund's Trustees shall be five (5). Three (3) of the Trustees shall be members of the Board of Directors of APTA and two (2) shall be persons from the public at large, who may be APTA members.
Terms of Appointees
The term of office for each Trustee of the Fund shall be three (3) years. However, the Trustees shall be appointed to staggered terms.
The APTA Board of Directors will appoint the President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary, from the Board of Trustees, as officers of the PT Fund.
This committee meets at least annually, and on an as needed basis throughout the year.
For additional information regarding this and other APTA volunteer opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org.