APTA's Frontiers in Rehabilitation, Science, and Technology Council is intended to serve as a community for interested stakeholders. Ideas generated by the council may be implemented by participants' stakeholder groups (sections, academies, external groups, APTA, etc) at the discretion of each entity's governing body.
- Join the council: APTA members should use the online signup form to join the council (no fees required). By joining the council, you will be automatically subscribed to receive email alerts from the council's online community (you may adjust your email alerts at any time).
This council represents the following areas of interest:
The council has goals to:
- Establish collaborative partnership and participation among stakeholder groups (sections, academies, external groups, APTA, etc);
- Participate in the promotion of scientific and technological innovation in rehabilitation and movement sciences;
- Leverage scientific and technological discoveries to advance physical therapist practice, education, and research;
- Provide a formal means for the members and partners of the council to meet, communicate, and interface with each other, the APTA Board of Directors, and the profession;
- Promote networking, information sharing, education, and leadership development in the areas of innovation, science, and technology across the association and its components;
- Establish a structure and composition for sustainability within the resource constraints as identified by the APTA Board of Directors and consistent with the Bylaws of the American Physical Therapy Association and APTA positions, standards, guidelines, policies, and procedures.