Chronic Heart Failure Questionnaire (CHQ, CHFQ)
What it measures:
What It Measures and Conditions and Test Variations Included in This Summary:
- Health-related quality of life
- Emotional function
- 9 validated translations
- Use in hardcopy or electronic
- Chronic Heart Failure Questionnaire (CHFQ) mastery subscale - added 4 questions to assess mastery
- Modified-CHFQ - shortened versions of the CHFQ that assess specific subscales of the questionnaire
- This test measures both impairment and physical function.
- There are 16 items with scales of 1 to 7 assessing emotional and physical symptoms of heart failure.
- There are 3 subscales:
- Dyspnea: 5 items
- Fatigue: 4 items
- Emotional function: 7 items
This test measures disease-specific health-related quality of life and contains information on use of this test for patients with heart failure. The CHFQ has variations, but for this study specifically, the entire test/measure was used and no modified versions were considered.
- Body Structure and Function
Body Structure and Function
- b4109 Heart functions, unspecified
- b4409 Respiration functions, unspecified
- b134 Sleep functions
- Walking - d4509 Walking, unspecified
- Climbing stairs - d4551 Climbing
- House/yard work - d650 Caring for household objects
- Leaving the home - d4601 Moving around within buildings other than home
No free public access, and PERMISSION NEEDS TO BE SECURED from McMaster University (email@example.com) Any requests for the outcome measure can be made here.
Watch Video: N/A
You Might Also Like...
CPGRole of Physical Therapists in the Management of Individuals at Risk for or Diagnosed With Venous Thromboembolism: Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guideline 2022 (CPG+)
Aug 1, 2022
This update of a 2016 guideline provides assistance to physical therapists in the decision-making process when treating patients at risk for venous thromboembolism
CPGVestibular Rehabilitation for Peripheral Vestibular Hypofunction: An Updated Clinical Practice Guideline From the Academy of Neurologic Physical Therapy of the American Physical Therapy Association (CPG+)
Apr 1, 2022
Updated guidelines on how to optimize rehabilitation outcomes for persons with peripheral vestibular hypofunction undergoing vestibular rehabilitation.
CPGPhysical Therapist Management of Parkinson Disease: A Clinical Practice Guideline from the American Physical Therapy Association (CPG+)
Apr 1, 2022
Related Resources Parkinson Disease CPG Toolkit Pocket Guide Podcast: Parkinson CPG Knowledge Translation CPG+ Appraisal Rating 6 out of 7 (How was this