Chronic Heart Failure Questionnaire (CHQ, CHFQ)
What it measures:
What It Measures and Conditions and Test Variations Included in This Summary:
- Health-related quality of life
- Emotional function
- 9 validated translations
- Use in hardcopy or electronic
- Chronic Heart Failure Questionnaire (CHFQ) mastery subscale - added 4 questions to assess mastery
- Modified-CHFQ - shortened versions of the CHFQ that assess specific subscales of the questionnaire
- This test measures both impairment and physical function.
- There are 16 items with scales of 1 to 7 assessing emotional and physical symptoms of heart failure.
- There are 3 subscales:
- Dyspnea: 5 items
- Fatigue: 4 items
- Emotional function: 7 items
This test measures disease-specific health-related quality of life and contains information on use of this test for patients with heart failure. The CHFQ has variations, but for this study specifically, the entire test/measure was used and no modified versions were considered.
- Body Structure and Function
Body Structure and Function
- b4109 Heart functions, unspecified
- b4409 Respiration functions, unspecified
- b134 Sleep functions
- Walking - d4509 Walking, unspecified
- Climbing stairs - d4551 Climbing
- House/yard work - d650 Caring for household objects
- Leaving the home - d4601 Moving around within buildings other than home
No free public access, and PERMISSION NEEDS TO BE SECURED from McMaster University (firstname.lastname@example.org) Any requests for the outcome measure can be made here.
Watch Video: N/A
You Might Also Like...
Clinical SummaryBrachial Plexus
Aug 5, 2020
The brachial plexus is a vital network of nerves originating from the ventral rami of C5 through spinal nerve T1 transmitting signals for the entire upper
CPGInterventions for Breast Cancer–Related Lymphedema: Clinical Practice Guideline From the Academy of Oncologic Physical Therapy of APTA
Jul 1, 2020
APTA's Academy of Oncologic Physical Therapy has published its first major treatment-related clinical practice guideline — a resource on treatment of lymphedema
CPGPhysical Therapist Management of Total Knee Arthroplasty (CPG+)
Jun 16, 2020
This guideline is intended to be used by qualified and appropriately trained PTs involved in the management of patients undergoing total knee