Chronic Heart Failure Questionnaire (CHQ, CHFQ)
What it measures:
What It Measures and Conditions and Test Variations Included in This Summary:
- Health-related quality of life
- Emotional function
- 9 validated translations
- Use in hardcopy or electronic
- Chronic Heart Failure Questionnaire (CHFQ) mastery subscale - added 4 questions to assess mastery
- Modified-CHFQ - shortened versions of the CHFQ that assess specific subscales of the questionnaire
- This test measures both impairment and physical function.
- There are 16 items with scales of 1 to 7 assessing emotional and physical symptoms of heart failure.
- There are 3 subscales:
- Dyspnea: 5 items
- Fatigue: 4 items
- Emotional function: 7 items
This test measures disease-specific health-related quality of life and contains information on use of this test for patients with heart failure. The CHFQ has variations, but for this study specifically, the entire test/measure was used and no modified versions were considered.
- Body Structure and Function
Body Structure and Function
- b4109 Heart functions, unspecified
- b4409 Respiration functions, unspecified
- b134 Sleep functions
- Walking - d4509 Walking, unspecified
- Climbing stairs - d4551 Climbing
- House/yard work - d650 Caring for household objects
- Leaving the home - d4601 Moving around within buildings other than home
No free public access, and PERMISSION NEEDS TO BE SECURED from McMaster University (email@example.com) Any requests for the outcome measure can be made here.
Watch Video: N/A
You Might Also Like...
CPGClinical Guidance to Optimize Work Participation After Injury or Illness: The Role of Physical Therapists
Aug 1, 2021
This guideline provides recommendations for effective physical therapy evaluation, treatment, and management of individuals experiencing limitations in
CPGClinical Practice Guideline for Physical Therapist Management of People With Rheumatoid Arthritis
May 17, 2021
This guideline revises the 2008 Royal Dutch Society for Physical Therapy (Koninklijk Nederlands Genootschap voor Fysiotherapie, KNGF) recommendations on
CPG2021 EULAR Recommendations for the Management of Self-Implementation Strategies in Patients With Inflammatory Arthritis
May 7, 2021
Provides recommendations for patient education (PE) on inflammatory arthritis and how to determine professionals' education needs.