Membership provides vast benefits to support you throughout your career.
With APTA you get the trusted leader for the physical therapy profession, empowering you to thrive and to make a difference in people’s lives. Your membership makes us stronger — adding power to our advocacy and shaping the future of physical therapy.
Get Free Access to the Resources You Need to Thrive
- Enjoy unlimited access to our website, packed with guidance from our subject matter experts and leaders in the profession.
- Stay up to date with our weekly email newsletters and catch up on what you missed with our special Friday Focus newsletters (opt-in required).
- Get full text access to research and articles from more than 4,500 clinical and academic publications through the EBSCO discovery service provided by APTA’s Article Search and the Rehabilitation Reference Center.
- Receive 11 issues per year of APTA Magazine and enjoy unlimited access to PTJ, APTA’s official scientific journal.
- Get free financial education from APTA’s Financial Solutions Center.
- Save on membership! Graduating student members who participate in the Early-Career Discount Program receive a 50% discount in their first year postgraduation, with additional savings the next three years.
- Get a 0.25% rate discount on student loan refinancing from Laurel Road offered through the APTA Financial Solutions Center.
- Save 40% or more on the Combined Sections Meeting and individual CEU courses in the APTA Learning Center.
- Save 45% on combined application and exam fees for ABPTS board certification in any of nine clinical specialty areas.
- Save 40% on products in the APTA Store.
- Save $100 per year on participation in the Physical Therapy Outcomes Registry.
Take Advantage of Special Offers From National Brands
- Save $175 on a MedBridge continuing education subscription.
- Save up to 10% off sale prices from Dell Technology Solutions.
- Save up to 25% on car and truck rentals from providers including Avis, Budget, and Payless.
- Save up to 20% on hotels in the Wyndham Family (including Days Inn, Ramada, and Travelodge), and up to 15% off at Wyndham Extra Holiday locations.
- Save up to 75% on office and school supplies at Office Depot and OfficeMax.
- Save on Constant Contact email marketing and online survey solutions, including a 60-day free trial.
- Save up to 50% on shipping services via UPS.
- APTA members save up to 25% off Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price every day on the latest in high-quality appliances from the GE Appliances Store. Register and start shopping now!
- Stay active at home, a gym, or anywhere for just $25/month (plus a one-time enrollment fee and applicable taxes) with the Active&Fit DirectTM program. Get access to over 2,500 digital workout videos and more than 11,000 fitness centers.
Advance Your Career
- Take advantage of free and discounted CEU courses in the APTA Learning Center or save on continuing education subscription with MedBridge.
- Attain board-certification in one of nine specialty areas (PTs only), improve your knowledge and skills in any of seven content areas through the PTA Advanced Proficiency Pathways program (PTAs only), or pursue an APTA Fellowship in Education Leadership (educators only).
- Find jobs and sign up for alerts from the APTA Career Center.
- Apply for professional, business, and personal insurance options — including professional liability, disability, and auto..
Strengthen Your Practice and Patient Care
- Access our evidence-based practice resources, including relevant clinical practice guidelines and tests and measures.
- Create a free profile in the Find a PT directory (PTs only) to help consumers and health care providers find you.
- Save on telehealth solutions with two options: BlueJay telehealth solutions and BetterTelehealth.
Advocate for Your Profession
- Join the APTA Advocacy Network to receive and respond to action alerts to support APTA’s public policy priorities.
- Donate to PT-PAC, the sole fundraising organization that supports and influences federal legislators in order to advance and protect APTA’s priorities.
Expand Your Network
- Engage with your state chapter. Join a section or academy. Participate in a special interest group.
- Get involved with a council.
- Find the right volunteer opportunity for you via APTA Engage.
Don’t Forget Your Tax Deductions
- The majority of APTA national, section, and chapter dues are tax deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. Review tax information.