Optimal Screening for Prediction of Referral and Outcome-Yellow Flag (OSPRO-YF)
What it measures:
- The Optimal Screening for Prediction of Referral and Outcome-Yellow Flag (OSPRO-YF) is an assessment tool designed to help orthopedic physical therapy clinicians screen patients and clients for psychosocial distress.1,2,3,4
- Test items assess depression, anxiety, kinesiophobia, anger, fear-avoidance beliefs, catastrophizing, self-efficacy, and pain acceptance.1,2,3
- Test items cover 3 domains and are compiled from the following validated questionnaires:
- Negative Mood Domain = Patient Health Questionnaire-9 (PHQ-9), State-Trait Anxiety Inventory (STAI), State-Trait Anger Expression Inventory (STAXI)
- Fear Avoidance Domain = Fear-Avoidance Beliefs Questionnaire Physical Activity and Work subscales (FABQ-PA & FABQ-W), Pain Catastrophizing Scale (PCS), Tampa Scale of Kinesiophobia (TSK-11), Pain Anxiety Symptoms Scale (PASS-20)
- Positive Affect/Coping Domain = Pain Self-Efficacy Questionnaire (PSEQ), Self-Efficacy for Rehabilitation Outcome Scale (SER), Chronic Pain Acceptance Questionnaire (CPAQ)
- Shorter versions of the 17-item OSPRO-YF were created (10-item, 7-item) for ease of use and to decrease the time spent on administration.2
- Body Structure and Function
- Personal Factors
- Other PT/OT subsequent limitations
You Might Also Like...
CPGThe First Global Physical Activity and Sedentary Behavior Guidelines for People Living With Disability
Jan 3, 2021
This guideline presents 10 areas for advancing inclusive practice in physical activity and sedentary behavior for people living with disability.
Test & MeasurePain Catastrophizing Scale (PCS)
Assesses the extent of catastrophic thinking due to low back pain according to three components: rumination, magnification, and helplessness.
Test & MeasureFear Avoidance Beliefs Questionnaire (FABQ)
Measures fear avoidance beliefs associated with low back pain (LBP).