APTA CSM: Claiming Your CEUs
CEUs for the In-Person Conference
Attending APTA CSM enables you to earn up to 1.8 CEUs (18 contact hours/CCUs). The number of CEUs/contact hours/CCUs for each educational session is specified on the APTA CSM program website and in the mobile app listings.
APTA's badge scanning electronic system verifies in-person attendance for educational sessions. Ensure that your badge is scanned upon entrance to each session. If you change sessions, the last session scanned during a given time block will be the only one recorded for that time block. Attending educational sessions is required to earn available CEUs.
If you have trouble scanning your badge at an in-person session, email APTA Learning Center with your name, date, and time of the session for assistance.
Note: CEUs will be available within six weeks after the conference. You can access your CEU certificate by following these easy steps:
- Go to the APTA Learning Center and log in using your APTA member account email, member number, or user ID. Create a free account if you don’t have one.
- Choose Dashboard in the left navigation menu, find the conference, and click on the title.
- Navigate to Contents, then:
- Select Claim Contact Hours.
- Press Submit.
- Choose View/Print Certificate.
- Select CEU Certificates/Transcript in the left navigation menu to print your transcript. To just display APTA CSM sessions, use the filter box underneath the APTA Learning Center banner, filter by date, and enter 2/15/2024–2/17/2024.
CEUs for Preconference Courses
To earn CEUs for the preconference courses, you must pass a post-learning assessment with a score of 70% or better. You have three attempts to pass the assessment. You will be able to access the preconference assessment and certificate at the conclusion of the course in the APTA Learning Center.
The number of CEUs for each preconference session is listed in the online programming descriptions.
To access your assessment and certificate, follow these easy steps:
- Go to the APTA Learning Center and log in using your APTA member account email, member number, or user ID. Create a free account if you don't have one.
- Choose Dashboard in the left navigation menu, find your preconference course, and click on the title.
- Navigate to the Contents tab, then:
- Select Assessment to begin the post-learning assessment.
- Follow the directions to take the assessment and complete the course evaluation.
- Choose View/Print Certificate to print or download your CEU certificate.
CEUs for APTA CSM On Demand Sessions
On Demand registrants are responsible for knowing their state's rules related to online learning and CEUs. See State-Specific Information below.
An APTA CSM On Demand virtual option is offered March 15–April 15, with approximately 100 recorded educational sessions from the in-person event curated by the conference program chairs from each section.
Attending APTA CSM On Demand enables you to earn up to 1.2 CEUs (12 contact hours/CCUs). However, if you attended APTA CSM in Boston, you cannot attain additional CEUs from On Demand viewing.
APTA CSM On Demand registrants need to successfully complete a posttest for each session to gain CEUs. Posttests are only available to those with an On Demand with CEUs registration package. Those who attended the conference in person can only submit evaluations for providing feedback and receive a non-CEU transcript of attendance.
To use all attendee features of the CSM On Demand platform, sign in using your APTA CSM Record ID (not your APTA member number), which is provided in your APTA CSM registration confirmation. (It was also printed on badges for in-person attendees.)
- Don't know your record ID? Click the "Forgot Record ID?" link on the login page. Note: You must use the same first name, last name, and email as when you registered.
- Registered attendees also can access Record IDs on the registration site. Click the link under Attendee Registration to retrieve your Record ID.
- Still having issues? Please contact Spargo, Inc., APTA's registration partner at 888-243-6390 or by email.
Once you have logged into the APTA CSM On Demand site, follow these steps:
- Select On Demand from the left navigation pane.
- Choose a course title and view the content.
- Click Evaluate. (The evaluation is optional, but you must select the checkbox under credit cannot be granted unless you participated in the entire session.) Then submit.
- Select Return to Online Program and choose Take Post Test. After you successfully complete the posttest, choose Return to Online Program.
Note: If the Take Post Test button isn't working and you are an On Demand only registrant, clear your internet browser's cache/cookies and reopen your browser. Then, navigate to the session description and again choose Take Post Test. If this doesn't work, contact APTA conferences for assistance.
- Find the session in Review Claimed On Demand Credit.
Access CEU Certificates
- On the APTA CSM program website select Review Claimed On Demand Credit.
- Select the sessions you need to complete.
- Certificates will not be issued for individual sessions, but you can download a cumulative transcript that lists each session and the date earned, in addition to a conference certificate.
- Print or save a PDF copy by selecting Attendance Transcript — Download.
For assistance with your login and password or with printing your CEU certificate, contact Member Success at 800-999-2782, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–6 p.m. ET, or by email. For corrections to your session transcript, contact the APTA Learning Center.
Approval and CEU/Contact Hour Information
APTA courses are accepted in most states plus the District of Columbia, as allowed by the type of course requirements in state regulations. A small number of states require APTA to seek preapproval of courses. APTA seeks these approvals and lists any relevant approval codes on the certificate of completion.
Note: CEU/contact hour numerical information is provided for informational purposes only. Each state has its own rules and regulations regarding how to calculate your licensure requirements for continuing education or continuing competence. Certain APTA courses may not receive the same credit for the CEU/contact hours listed, and you must check your state's rules. Please contact your state regulatory entity with specific questions.
Here are state-specific CEU details. Please note that this document receives periodic updates. We recommend that you check with your state licensing board for the most accurate information.